GOV leagues offer players the opportunity to play with the same team week after week, competing against similar-skilled teams using a tiered system. Teams move up or down a “ladder” each week based on their cumulative performance.
- Registration opens Monday September 6, 2021 for the Wednesday league
- Code of Conduct
- COVID-19 Protocol
- Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination
- NEW: GOV House Rules and Officiating Handbook (Fall 2021)
Wednesday League Update
Team captains have received a message regarding GOV’s Wednesday League (Fall 2021 Season). Here are the details.
Good news, we’ve got gyms to play volleyball and for your team to join the league!
Bad news: We do not have enough gyms to offer our traditional weekly volleyball league to all teams equally. After initially obtaining permits from the CEPEO and CECCE school boards to use gyms in October, these school boards have now canceled gym access for the next month and have committed to update us again at the end of October.
Good news: We have come up with a temporary format to be able to offer 1-hour volleyball matches (three sets, self-refereed) to all teams, including your team!
Bad news: This format involves playing every other week only.
We know this isn’t as much volleyball as you hoped for, but our view is that this is better than no volleyball at all!
We are working out the money side of things so that your team payment will be reconciled to align with the actual amount of volleyball you wind up playing this fall. Thank you in advance for your patience on this front.
Teams would play at the following dates, times and locations:
- Le Patro (40 Cobourg St), at 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30pm
- Hunt Club-Riverside Park Community Centre (3320 Paul Anka Dr), at 7:00 or 8:00pm
- Cohort 1 - October 13, 27 (and then TBC November 10, 24, December 8)
- Cohort 2 - October 20, November 3 (and then TBC November 17, December 1, 15)
What we need from you:
- Please reply to the email you received before October 6 to indicate whether or not your team is on board for this format.
- Please login to Zuluru and make sure your team roster is complete:
- Login to Zuluru
- Click on ‘’My teams’’ and select your team for the ‘’Fall indoor Wednesday night League 6’s’’
- Click on ‘’More’’ and then on ‘’Add Player’’
- Search for your teammate by name or by team history if you’ve played with the person in the past
- Click on ‘’Add to team’’ when you find your teammate
- Repeat the operation until your roster is complete
- While you’re in Zuluru, double check you have completed the necessary waivers for this season:
- Code of Conduct
- Liability Waiver
- Vaccination Attestation
- Photo Consent
- Remind your players to do the same!
We will be in touch soon with the payment details, as well as the official schedule.
If your team was on the waitlist, we will communicate with you if a spot opens.
Friday “Mingle” League
Try this new format where everyone signs up as an individual and gets placed on a team (the coordinator will make the teams as evenly matched as possible).
The focus is to meet new people, but also to play with a consistent team each week in order to work on your game together.
Friday nights from 6:00pm to 7:30pm, 7:30 to 9:00pm
November 5 to December 17, 2021 (7 weeks, tentative)
$44.25 +HST per player
Registration will open in October.