Gay Ottawa Volleyball and Ten Oaks Project are PROUD to announce that we will be partnering on our first ever VOLLEYBALLOOZA on Sunday, May 29th, 2022.
This is a FUNdraiser for Ten Oaks Project and an opportunity to get involved and give back to the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Ya don’t gotta be good, ya just gotta wanna have fun! There will be multiple levels of play and different activities to meet everyone’s needs whether it be it fun, meeting new people, fierce competition, laughs, or just a whole lot of PRIDE!
Register to play, fundraise, or volunteer! Registration opens at noon on Tuesday, April 5 through our Eventbrite page.
Come help us raise money for an awesome community organization!
100% of the funds raised will go to Ten Oaks Project!
Ottawa’s Ten Oaks Project is dedicated to helping children and youth from 2SLGBTQ+ communities thrive through its camps and local programming. Ten Oaks Project believes “that by bringing children and youth together to play and engage in recreation, we can build their confidence, forge bonds and facilitate understanding.”
The 2022 Volleyballooza brings much-needed funds to the organization’s camp and community programs by connecting children and youth from 2SLGBTQ+ identities, families, and communities with their supporters.
This safe space will be loaded with opportunities to laugh and smile, whether you are looking to compete, volunteer, play, or just hang out and have fun in the sun! We’ll also have family friendly activities on the sidelines!
Feel like dressing up? Show your spirit in any division with team uniforms or bring it on with elaborate costumes and gleeful cheers! Get in the spirit for your team’s chance to WIN some awesome prizes for:
- Top Fundraising Team
- Top 3 Fundraising Individuals
- Best Cheers
- Best Dressed
- Team Congeniality
- Winners of Competitive & Intermediate Divisions
Want to help grow our Prize Chest? Reach out to email@example.com to donate something from your local business or community organization.
Date: May 29th, 2022 (Rain or Shine)
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Max Volley (813 Shefford Rd., Ottawa)
BBQ starts at 11:00 am and runs until 2:00 pm. Proceeds will also go directly to Ten Oaks Project!
We will be monitoring public health guidelines regarding safety measures for this event.
FORMATS – Emphasis is on meeting people, safety, encouraging play, and FUNdraising!
- Tournament Play
Format: 4 v 4 or 6 v 6
Level of Play: Register as a team and play Round Robin Pools in the morning followed by Double Elimination Pools in the afternoon.
Cost: $20 / team member
- Just for FUN:
Format: 6 v 6
Level of play: Register as a team and rotate playing different teams throughout the day.
Cost: $20 / team member
- Mix & Mingle Individuals:
Format: 6 v 6
Level of play: Register as an individual. There will be casual courts where we make-up teams randomly and you will play with different people throughout the day. Players will be given opportunities to play throughout the day in more organized matches, or form their own games and play on a section of open courts.
Cost: $10 / team member
Ten Oaks Project relies on the contributions of volunteers and community members. Donations ensure that Ten Oaks Project can:
- Continue to offer a sliding scale for camp fees, making the magic of camp accessible to everyone (currently 80% of campers access camp subsidies).
- Run vital community programs including:
- Families in Transition, a 10-week program for parents of school aged trans, non-binary and gender-questioning children and youth (ages 5-18), who are new to supporting their child’s gender identity or expression.
- Swim nights for trans children and youth.
- Shaping Parenthood, a discussion group for 2SLGBTQ+ communities in Ottawa to explore diverse paths to family-making and child-raising.
Once you register, each team or individual will be given instructions on how to set up a Canada Helps fundraising page connected to Ten Oaks Project’s account that you and your teammates can use to forward to friends, share with colleagues, and/or contribute yourselves!
If you are on a competitive or intermediate team AND your team FUNdraises at least $300 you start the morning Round Robin games with 5 points!
How to Register:
- Register to play, fundraise, or volunteer!
- Go to our Eventbrite page to purchase a ticket and register. Registration opens at Noon on April 5.
- Register as an individual for the mix & mingle, to volunteer, or if you just want to fundraise.
- Register as a team to play in the 4 v 4, 6 v 6, or Just for FUN categories.
- Spectators who are not playing, volunteering or fundraising are not required to buy a ticket or register.
- You will receive more information on how to fundraise and details of the volleyball and BBQ event once you’ve registered.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday, May 29th!
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a shout.
Tournament and Registration Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising Questions: email@example.com